THOUGHTFUL CANCER GIFT CARE BASKET
It’s often hard to know what to say when someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer and has to start treatment. There’s no better way to show your support than to drop by with a thoughtful homemade Cancer Care Gift Basket.
THOUGHTFUL CANCER CARE GIFT BASKET
When my brother was diagnosed with stomach cancer, one of his friends and co-workers, Katie Wenger, put together this thoughtful Cancer Care Gift Basket for him, thinking that he would be going through chemo for a few months. Unfortunately, he passed away before she could give it to him.
But we were all touched by the careful time and consideration she put into making “encouragement” cards for the Cancer Care Gift Basket. She included a variety of cards for when my brother might be experiencing a variety of feelings. What a great idea.
THOUGHTFUL CANCER CARE GIFT BASKET: ENCOURAGEMENT CARDS
The envelopes all started out with “OPEN ME WHEN…” Below is a list of what it said on the outside of the envelope on the left, and the inside sentiment on the right.
- You need a pick-me-up. – “Life is tough. But so are YOU!” – Author Unknown
- You need motivation. – “You were never created to live DEPRESSED • DEFEATED • GUILTY • CONDEMNED • ASHAMED • UNWORTHY. You were created to be VICTORIOUS!!!” – Author Unknown
- You need to feel appreciated. – “Each day is a gift. Don’t send it back unopened.”-Author Unknown
- You need a smile. – “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day!” – Author Unknown
- You are feeling hopeless. – “It’s okay to not be okay, as long as you’re not giving up.” – Author Unknown
- You are feeling worried. – “Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. All it does is steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing.” – Author Unknown
- You need inspiration. – “A strong person is not the one who doesn’t cry. A strong person is the one who cries and sheds tears for a moment, then gets up and fights again.” – Author Unknown
- You have a bad day. – “You’re allowed to scream. You’re allowed to cry. But don’t give up!” – Author Unknown
- You need another smile. – “ You are somebody’s reason to SMILE.” – Author Unknown
- You need faith. – “Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.” – Alma 36:3
- And, OPEN ME EVERYDAY! – “Keep Fighting! To that one soul reading this… I know you’re tired, you’re fed up, you’re so close to breaking. But there’s STRENGTH within you, even when you feel weak.” –Author Unknown
THOUGHTFUL CANCER CARE GIFT BASKET: ITEMS TO INCLUDE
Other thoughtful and helpful items to include:
- Ensure shakes
- Framed “Never Give Up” sign
- Mason jar filled with Hershey’s Hugs for “When You Need A Hug”
- Scented candle
- Notepad & pen
- Chicken Noodle Soup