Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
My alias nickname for this recipe is Home Teaching Banana Bread. This is because it makes 4 loves. (One for the family and 3 to share.)
Unlike most banana bread recipes that tend to be on the dry side, this recipe is moist and flavorful. My kids don’t like nuts in recipes, so I use chocolate chips instead.
My kids, and their friends, love this stuff! It is one of their favorite treats. And everyone knows that bananas go bad quickly. So this is a great way to use up all of those ripe bananas.
An added surprise is that you dust the greased baking pans with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. This gives the crust a caramelized sweetness.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. butter or margarine
- 3 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 medium, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 TB. baking soda
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°. Grease four 7x3" loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 c. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Dust greased pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Add salt, flour, and baking soda to above mixture; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide into prepared pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes.