CHOCOLATE SURPRISE COOKIES
These powdered sugar and cocoa dusted Chocolate Surprise Cookies are amazing little bombs with the surprise of a chocolate Hershey’s kiss inside.
These Chocolate Surprise Cookies have a hint of cinnamon in the dough. And with the dusting of powdered sugar and cocoa and the chocolate kiss inside, they literally melt in your mouth. You will think you’ve died and gone to Heaven.
There are my son Max’s absolute favorite cookie! He learned how to make Chocolate Surprise Cookies in Home Ec and has been making them and bringing them to gatherings ever since.
They are very hands-on when you are making them, but not that hard once you get going.
And OHHHH so worth it!
THE SURPRISE INSIDE CHOCOLATE SURPRISE COOKIES
Click on [THIS LINK] to see “The 10 Best Hershey’s Kisses Flavors Ever Made, Ranked.” (Can you believe it… hugs beat out kisses?!)
- Original Milk Chocolate
- Candy Cane Mint
- Cookies and Crème
- Caramel Filled
- Special Dark
- Vanilla Crème Filled
- Cherry Cordial Crème
- Pumpkin Spice
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 c. flour
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 24 Hershey's chocolate kisses
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. (heaping) cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon in another bowl. Add the mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Scoop a 1 inch ball of dough into your hand. Flatten the dough into a 2-1/2" to 3" circle in the palm of your hand.
- Place 1 chocolate kiss in the center of each round. Enclose the candy completely with the dough, making sure the candy is completely sealed in the dough.
- Place the rounds 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle with a sifter over the hot cookies.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.