These Cheesy Skillet Potatoes taste just like Scalloped Potatoes baked in the oven. Except this recipe cooks in half the time!
These potatoes are a favorite of my boys. Their creamy, cheesy goodness goes great with recipes like meatloaf and ham.
I have even sliced hot dogs or ham to cook with the potatoes to make it a one-dish meal. It’s a great, versatile dish that only takes 30 minutes to make.
The fun part about making these is that I get to use the mandolin slicer!
- 3 TB. butter or margarine
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large electric skillet.
- Add sliced potatoes; cover and cook until almost tender and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over all; cook until milk is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cover with lid.
- Turn off heat on electric skillet. Allow to cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately.