We love all kinds of gelatin salads! Sea Foam Gelatin Salad is smooth and creamy with a mousse-like texture. Made with lime gelatin, Cool Whip, cream cheese, and crushed pears, it’s the perfect ending to a good meal.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 TB milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup reserved pear juice to boiling. Add lime gelatin and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer, beat cream cheese with milk until smooth.
- Slowly blend in gelatin mixture. Chill in refrigerator until partially thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash the pears until smooth. Fold pears and whipped topping into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into lightly greased mold. Chill until set, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Dip mold in warm water for approximately 5 seconds to release gelatin. Invert onto a serving plate.