I’m passionate about creating seasonal and holiday mantle displays. Okay, to be honest, I don’t have a fireplace mantle. But I use the top of my television entertainment center for displays.
Regardless, it’s my way of creating a celebratory atmosphere in my living room. Plus, change is good. Having new decor around every season or holiday is refreshing.
I came up with this easy craft for a gift basket auction that my daughter, Shannon, participated in when she was a participant in the Miss Navajo County Pageant. Having her create something handmade for her basket gave it a special touch.
- Red, white, and blue star buttons. (Get a mixture of small and large ones to make the finished picture more visually appealing.)
- Laminated burlap sheets. (You can use fabric burlap cut to the size of the frame you will be using. However, the laminated burlap sheets give the feel of a stiff piece of card stock and makes it easier to work with.)
- 8-1/2 x 11 inch picture frame with glass.
- Hot glue gun.
- Either cut your burlap fabric to the size of your picture frame, or place the picture frame over your laminated burlap sheet and mark lightly with a pen or pencil, the area that is visible through the glass so you will know the work space you are limited to working within.
- Lay out all the stars using my photo as a guide BEFORE you start hot-gluing.
- One by one, glue each star to the layout.
- Remove all of the hot glue strings.
- Put your American flag creation in your frame.
- Waa laa!! Super easy and adorable.
- Display with pride… American pride, that is!!!